COVID-19 Information and Updates
During the COVID-19 Emergency Response, the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is operating at a limited capacity with critical infrastructure workers only for the protection of public health and continuity of commerce. Some services will not be available until normal business operations resume, and response times may be slowed during this time. Information on the COVID-19 Emergency Response is available at the following links:
- MDARD begins hemp sampling under new state plan
- $5,000 Lifetime MYLSF Scholarship Award Application Deadline for the 2021 Michigan Youth Livestock Scholarship is May 15, 2021
- MDARD announces Jamie Zmitko-Somers as new Agriculture Development Division Director
- Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Announces Grant Opportunities for County Fairs
- MDARD Announces Specialty Crop Grant Opportunity
- Farmers: Crop Disaster Resources
An online portal for farmers to access State of Michigan, Michigan State University Extension, and USDA / Federal Resources. Check back for latest updates. .
- Growing Industrial Hemp in Michigan
View Forms, Resources, Laws and Regulations, and Hemp News Releases & Updates.
- Michigan Agriculture Resources
Learn about Michigan agriculture, check out the latest issues of Michigan Agriculture magazine and Discover Michigan Farm Fun directory, and explore additional food and agriculture industry resources.